Sunday, August 4, 2013

We got a curry kind of love

                   Before I start this post I just want thank those of you who have taken the time out to read my blog. I really appreciate it. I hope you've enjoyed what you've read so far. If you keep reading them, I'll keep writing them.

                  A year ago this past Saturday (Aug 3rd) I married my beautiful wife Danielle. Whom I wrote a little bit about in my previous post. Hard to believe it's been a year already. I guess time does fly when you're having fun......or becoming expecting parents, buying a house, and then having a baby and raising him. We took 3 of life's biggest moments and jam packed them into a 12 month cluster fuck. We made it through though and are still going strong (take that Vegas odds!) 1 year down and many more to go.

                  For some couples the first year of marriage is filled with adjustments and getting use to the things your significant other does or how they do them. That is why I am a huge believer in living together before you take the plunge. Think of marriage as a swimming pool and you stick your foot in to test the water before you go all the way in. If the water is just right then you are good to go however by not testing it out and just diving right in, the pool could be ice cold and of course you are gonna jump right the fuck out before your balls freeze off and are bobbing up and down in the water like they are attached to someones fishing line (that is assuming if you the reader have balls in which case if you don't you are gonna get out regardless). It just makes the whole transition to married life easier. There is already enough to adjust to once you are married that getting use to your partner shitting with the door open shouldn't be added to it. Sure your religion or family may frown upon it but I say fuck it, live in a den of sin and test the water. It may not work for everyone but I can definitely say it worked for us.

                 One of the things my wife has opened me up to is Indian food. I've asked myself several times why I haven't discovered it sooner. Fuck is it good. For our anniversary my wife and I had dinner at a traditional Indian restaurant called Cafe Tandoor. Now before this dinner date the only Indian food I had eaten was the stuff we would buy at Giant Eagle made by Kitchens of India. Even the store bought stuff is good. I suggest giving it a try with the Kitchens of India stuff first and if you like it then you gotta go to Cafe Tandoor or a traditional Indian restaurant. The flavors are so good and so different. You just can't get it in any other type of food. Give it a try. I think you will enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Some day you'll have to try Saffron Patch in beachwood...it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete